We are currently seeking a Full-Time Electro-Mechanical Technician. Reporting to the General Manager, the Electro-Mechanical Technician will be part of a team responsible for all aspects of the food plant maintenance using a variety of hand, power, pneumatic, and computer diagnostic tools and testing instruments to troubleshoot, maintain, repair and overhaul food processing equipment. The ideal candidate will strive to constantly improve and build on their skills, work effectively with others to deliver results, and not be afraid of a challenge. Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality and safety is a must.
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, service, repair and/or replace components for industrial food processing equipment and building mechanical systems without supervision
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and electronic systems of production line equipment and physical plant
- Utilize predictive and preventative technologies to eliminate equipment downtime
- Set up and program automated production equipment
- Identify root causes and implement corrective actions to improve employee & food safety, product quality and equipment efficiency
- Work from technical manuals, schematics, drawings, sketches, SOPs, written and verbal instructions.
- Inspect, calibrate, test and measure the functionality of instrumentation, including pressure and flow meters, electronic and pneumatic controllers, level indicators and controllers, pressure and temperature transmitters, switches and gauges, recorders, etc.
- Investigate and resolve electrical maintenance problems.
- Work with other departments throughout the organization to solve equipment problems
- Maintain safe and clean working conditions
- Assist with specification and integration of control devices such as PLCs, sensors, transmitters, transducers, relays, VFDs, operator interface devices etc.
- Diploma in Electro Mechanical Technician a must. Industrial Control, Electro Mechanical, Millwright or Refrigerator B will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience working with electrical and building mechanical systems.
- Troubleshooting experience to include motor and power control circuits, PLC’s and their use in diagnosing machine problems and process control systems
- Strong analytical ability to diagnose and resolve practical issues
- Able to read and understand schematics, operations, service and safety manuals
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starter to anticipate and resolve needs and requirements with minimal direction and supervision
- Possess methodical approach to troubleshooting and good analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining safety and quality
- Respond quickly, calmly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Strong manual dexterity to use various hand tools and equipment
- Able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to climb, kneel and walk on a regular basis
- Able to work overtime and on-call requirements
- Basic Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Previous experience with food processing would be an asset
To apply, please submit your updated resume to email@example.com with Electro-Mechanical Technician in the subject line.
PEI Mussel King
Attention: Human Resources
318 Red Head Road, Morell
Prince Edward Island, Canada
We appreciate all resumes however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.