Position: Cost Accountant
Organization: PEI Mussel King
Location: Morell, Prince Edward Island, Canada, C0A 1S0
Reports To: Company Executives
PEI Mussel King is searching for a highly motivated, results oriented Cost Accountant to join our team in Morell, Prince Edward Island.
Reporting directly to the President, the Cost Accountant duties will include;
- Perform month end duties including reconciliation, inventory evaluation, and costing for product
- Perform weekly cost center settlements on Fresh and Frozen products
- Prepare weekly forecasts
- Maintain accounting on capital projects and fixed assets
- Maintain inventory and sales spreadsheets
- Answer requests and prepare reports as needed on adhoc projects
- Assist external and internal auditors with audit, assessment, year-end paper, tax preparation, etc.
- Work closely with internal and external accounting support
- Promote co-operation to achieve accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of all data entered
- Work with Purchasing for material creation, valuation, and approval
- CPA Designation
- Experience in a food processing facility is preferred
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in a Cost Accountant role
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Works well in a results and deadline driven environment
- Salary commensurate with education/experience and a competitive benefit package is available.
To apply, please submit your updated resume to email@example.com with Cost Accountant in the subject line.
PEI Mussel King
Attention: Human Resources
318 Red Head Road, Morell
Prince Edward Island, Canada